When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.


I have finished reading the first book to the saga of "A Song of Fire and Ice" by George R. R. Martin. I have wanted to read this since forever. I first read about this on one of my favorite blogger's tumblr, Regina Belmonte back in late 2010 (???). She kept on raving about how awesome this saga is. I was really surprised when I saw the people's reception when the series came out.

I never got around to buying the books and I eventually forgot about it. Last summer, a dear friend of mine gave me the first two books (A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings) as a gift. I was over the moon when I got them.

It was quite a struggle to read the book because there were so many characters (my faves atm are Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, Varys, and Jon Snow.) The story was super slow paced since the setting and characters were being established. But with great effort and endless eye strains, I have managed to finish the book yesterday. It took me months (!!!) which made me regret because it so so freaking awesome. I love love love it! I can't wait for the rest of the books, as well as the series!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.