25 Books for 2014: Part Deux



We now come to the second half of the list of books for my 2014 reading challenge. It was a bit of a struggle to squeeze in reading novels instead of medical books but eventually, I managed to pull through.

16. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney - 4/5

Our wimpy kid has finally reached middle school but nothing has changed in the shenanigan department. Entertaining as always.

17. Dancing in My Nuddy Pants by Louise Rennison - 5/5

Our lovable heroine Georgia Nicolson is caught in another one of her dilemma concerning the heart.

18. Luuuurve is a Many Trousered Thing by Louise Rennison - 5/5

Gee has her heart set on a hunky Italian crooner who took Robbie's place as lead vocalist for The Stiff Dylans.

19. The Book of Tiny Stories by Joseph Gordon Levitt - 5/5

I love everything about this book!!! The drawings and stories are so lovely. I need to get my own copy.

20. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle - 5/5

Started out a bit eeehhh... but eventually caught it's footing once I finished a few chapters of the first story. Nothing like a warm hearted read for the cold weather.


21. The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut - 4/5

This book was a struggle to read because I couldn't quite get just what the point of abducting people and have them live in Mars. It all started to make sense when I was nearing the last few chapters. A story on finding out what a person's purpose in life is.

22. You're a Horrible Person, But I Like You: The Believer Book of Advice - 3/5

Yes. The title made me buy it in a heart beat. Content-wise, it was great but there were some contributors who seem like they're "trying too hard."

23. The Adventure Time Encyclopedia by Martin Olson - 5/5

I wish I had my own copy because it is the bomb!!! It just blows my mind just how witty and creative the team are behind Adventure Time. How do they even come up with all these things?!

24. Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison - 5/5

The final installment of the series! This is actually the tenth book. After nine books full of snogging, boys (oo-er), Jammy Dodgers, and hilariosity... we now see who our lovable heroine ends up with.

25. You Are Not Here by Samantha Schutz - 4/5

Interesting story on how one moves on from a love lost to death. You may think you'll never get over someone who has been ripped off your life without any warning, but you will. You have to help yourself make that first step and eventually things will fall into place.

Click on the picture below to read the first half of the list of books.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.